Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wynter Chelsea: The Sublimity Review

Wynter Chelsea: The Sublimity
Becca Ritchie [F][T]

Publisher: Outskirts Press
Release Date:
December 20, 2010
Series:
Wynter Chelsea
Genre:
YA, Paranormal
Pages:
Paperback, 436 pages
Source:
Author
Rating:
5/5 (Avg 4.5/5)
Amanda Chelsea. The Beacon. A friend. A sister. And... and... a daughter? Now part of the legacy, Amanda has exactly what she wanted, but the price she paid comes back to haunt her. The true terrors of the Wynter Chelsea legacy are exposed, and is it everything she thought it would be? As Jack Chelsea struggles to accept his position as leader, Killian steps in as a tyrannical replacement. When the situation doesn't seem like it can get much worse, Dustin distances himself from Amanda. Both families soon find that the Marathaca's tricks might be a threat, but it's not the only horror that is trying to trap them. Wynter Chelsea: The Sublimity is the second book in the Wynter Chelsea series.

If you haven't read my review for Becca's first book in the Wynter Chelsea series, The Legacy, then I would suggest that you do that first. You can read it here.

Did you read it? Okay, good. Carrying on...

The Legacy absolutely captivated me and made me a huge fan of the Wynter Chelsea books. I absolutely could not wait until I got to its sequel, though at the same time I was a little hesitant because sometimes series have an amazing first book and the others are just so-so. I am happy to tell you all that this is most definitely not the case with The Sublimity. It had everything that I so loved and cherished about the first book: amazing cast of characters, imaginative mythology and a fast-paced plot that doesn't take a moment's break from action. But then it goes even further and adds even more layers to the story, which makes it completely overwhelming - but in a good way!

Everything Amanda did that annoyed me in the first book (which wasn't much) was completely turned around in this novel. She grew and matured, making better decisions and judgment calls than before. My heart actually went out to her in this book (you'll understand when you read the book), but she was incredibly strong and rolled with the punches. I couldn't imagine being put in her shoes and having to go through everything she did. My feelings for Jack were absolutely all over the place with this book as his actions seemed arrogant and he was sometimes just an all-out ass. Thankfully, he redeemed himself and I hope it stays that way through the rest of the series. Dustin also had some moments where I wanted to reach through the book and strangle him. He had his reasons for all of his actions and I understood his reasons, but it doesn't mean that I had to like it. ;) There were completely swoon-worthy moments between him and Amanda, and the end of the book just had me gushing.

Most of the old cast and crew was back for this round, and there were more demons and new characters - all which made the action and intensity of this series grow. Like The Legacy, there was never a dull moment. And just when you think that everything is going to settle down at the end of the novel, BAM! Miss Ritchie hits you with another surprise at the very end. I found it absolutely maddening since now, I have to wait for the third book to come out.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs