is an exception to the "debut" rule in the way that this isn't her first book. However, it IS her first book with a large publisher... which is why she still qualifies.
12/19/10: "How is the pre-publication different now compared to the last time you were published?"
Since my first book, Screwball, was published with a smaller press, I had the opportunity to get my writing feet wet. But now, after soaking my feet for a few years, I'm diving into the deep end with the release of Head Games, my first book with Razorbill, a division of Penguin. While Screwball was available for the ost part online, Head Games is widely distributed throughout the country via bookstores, online and even eBay (I spotted it while shopping this week). It's an amazing glittery feeling to know that my sporty books are going to reach a much larger audience this time around and I look forward to the reactions from my readers. I am beyond excited and feel truly blessed to live my dream.
1/20/11: Wow! What a whirlwind.. I survived my first ‘official’ release. :) And here’s what I learned...
1. All the hard work, sleepless nights, and worrying were worth it the moment I spotted my book on the shelf.
2. When you set out to write for a specific audience and they love your work.. It’s the best feeling in the world. :)
3. Positive thinking is crucial.
4. I learned to focus on what I can control – the writing.
5. Author buds are priceless and pull you through the best and worst of times.
6. But, most of all, I learned to be thankful for the opportunity to do what I love.
Reviews for Head Games
Books With Bite
The Book Cellar
A Good Addiction
Buy The Book:
Barnes & Noble
Head Games Swag Giveaway!
- You must be a follower.
- Giveaway is international.
- Contest will end next Friday (2/4) at midnight EST.
- Please make sure to fill out all of the information on the form!