Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday (2)

Today's Topic
How do you find the time to write posts and read as many books as you do?
- Anonymous
It's not easy, I can tell you that much! It seems to be more of a learn-as-you-go ordeal for me, but it has gotten better over time. I've been all over the place in the past. Now, I pretty much set a schedule for myself... so, I guess it'd be easier to just tell you that.

My day starts early (around 5:30-6:00 am) and ends late (around midnight or later). 5:30 is the time my husband gets up for work and I'm usually wide awake once I hear him get out of bed. So, I'll get up and help him with whatever needs to be done. Once he goes to work, I hop online for an hour or three - depending on what all needs to be accomplished. This is the time for e-mails, blog posts, comments, communities, updates, etc. Basically, if I know I need to do something online for the day, it gets done during this time. Once I'm off, it's housewife duties. Bills, chores, cooking, DVR catch-up of shows only I watch, pet playtime, rest, etc all gets completed within this time ... and this usually goes on until my husband gets home from work. Once he's home, the internet is his for his gaming habits [Missy = book addiction, Nick = gaming addiction]. While he's online, I do my non-internet work. This includes reading, writing reviews, preparations, etc. Once I read a book, I'll go ahead and either (a) take notes in my book journal, or (b) write a review and save it in a Word document to be copy & pasted when I post on my blog next. I like to do this because I read and write a lot, so I'll go ahead and jot down some things so I won't get stories mixed up. Otherwise, it's disastrous. I can read a 300-400+ page book in one sitting (a few hours) - so sometimes I'll start another book or work on my own stories. If I do that and fail to take notes... well, my review ends up sucking and I usually don't post it until I have time to re-read the book. As many books as I read and review, that sometimes takes forever. After I'm done with the books and the reviews, I'll go ahead and make notes for what I need to do the next day. Typically, Nick and I finish our stuff around the same time. Then, it's "us" time. We'll watch our DVR shows together, watch a movie, or we'll just talk until it's time for bed. If I'm up for extra time doing his work laundry (on days he comes in late), I'll continue reading until it's done.

And that's about it. Sometimes, I still don't feel like I have enough hours in the day - but I do what I can. The reading every evening seems to be paying off though... I've already read almost 20 books since January 1st, so I'm pretty proud of that. :)

Do you have a book blogging/reading schedule??



Have a topic for Thoughts on Thursday? Be sure to fill out this form so it can be featured!

2 comments:

Regina said...

I try to read or write a blog post after I get home. I work till 4:30 p.m. but pick kids up get to the house by 5, cook dinner, clean up and do chores. So around 7 or 8 I try to get things done if I can I read a book or write. Then write a blog post if I can manage. No internet at home, so everything is saved to a hard drive for later. Long story...lol

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you, there isn't enough time in the day to do everything you want! WOuldn't it be fantastic if there were 36 hours in a day??? lol maybe we would be zombies though haha! I only read about 2 books per week on average. (During the summer I can read up to 5) since I don't have school (this summer that changes since I need to take a class or two). Thank you for sharing!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs