Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Want to participate?
Go here!



Intrinsical
by Lani Woodland
Hardcover, 738 pages
Pendrell Publishing
Release Date August 20, 2010


Sixteen-year-old Yara Silva has always known that ghosts walk alongside the living. Her grandma, like the other females in her family, is a Waker, someone who can see and communicate with ghosts. Yara grew up watching her grandmother taunted and scorned for this unusual ability and doesn't want that to be her future. She has been dreading the day when she too would see ghosts, and is relieved that the usually dominant Waker gene seems to have skipped her, letting her live a normal teenage life. However, all that changes for Yara on her first day at her elite boarding school when she discovers the gene was only lying dormant. She witnesses a dark mist attack Brent, a handsome fellow student, and rushes to his rescue. Her act of heroism draws the mist?s attention, and the dark spirit begins stalking her. Yara finds herself entrenched in a sixty-year-old curse that haunts the school, threatening not only her life, but the lives of her closest friends as well. Yara soon realizes that the past she was trying to put behind her isn't going to go quietly.


Can I just tell you how I am loving this cover! It is THE first thing that I discovered about this book, and once I discovered it I had to know more! I've been on this huge ghost kick the past week. Afterlife, not moving on, ghost hunting, haunted castles, haunted stories ... the works. I blame my friends for making me think too much. As luck would have it, I also just got around to Shade (Jeri Smith-Ready) on my TBR list. Finding this book just seemed as though it was fated. Plus, the synopsis seems a lot darker than what I've been reading lately, and I'm reading for a little bit of dark in my life. One thing that caught my eye: is it really 738 pages, or is it a typo? I don't know, but that makes it even more intriguing for me!

Has anyone had the chance to read this book? What are you Waiting On this week??

4 comments:

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

I haven't heard of this book before, I love ghost novels so this book sounds like its going to be a really enjoyable read. I totally agree with you about the cover, its so beautiful. Intrinsical is definitely going on my to read list, thanks!

Lori said...

This is the first time I've saw this! The cover is fantastic!

Lani Woodland said...

I'm the author. :) I'm glad you're looking forward to reading Intrinsical. It comes out August 20th.

Anonymous said...

I read it and loved it! Lani is my new favorite author. Great cover!

Andy Hertzenberg

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs