Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday, Monday!


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event - hosted by the wonderful Sheila - to share what we are reading this week, as well as what we read the previous week. Feel free to share in on the fun, or just click on the link to see what others are reading!

How's my reading going?

It's been better. I finished Beastly, which I've been working on. Besides that, I was working on my womanly duties of house work to prepare for my trip to see my friends the weekend of the Fourth. Now, I'm home ... hoping to jump back in the saddle soon.

What did I finish last week?

Beastly, by Alex Flinn - LOVED it, despite my fear. It took me a while to get to it, but it was worth the wait.

What do I plan reading this week?

Poison Study, by Maria V Snyder - I started this last week and it looks promising.

Since I have my laptop back, I want to catch up on reviews and everything, so this will probably be my only read this week.

How's your reading going??




Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's musing is ...

What are you currently reading? Would you recommend it to others? Is it part of a series (if so, which one)? What are you thinking about it? What book(s) would you compare it to, if any?

I actually just finished Beastly by Alex Flinn which is a modern, Young Adult re-telling of Beauty and the Beast. It's not part of a series, though Flinn also recently did another re-imagining of the classic fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty.

I actually avoided this book for a small amount of time because, well, I'm kind of tired of the whole black-and-red marketing of all paranormal-type YA stories now. Then, I saw the movie trailer - and avoided it more because of Vanessa Hudgens. Ha. However, I finally came to my senses and realized that I was being really unfair to the author by doing these things and, honestly, I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was younger - so, I put it on order. I'm so glad I did. I don't know if I would actually compare it to any other books, unless you do go with the other re-tellings that are floating around these days. I'd say I'm already liking the book more than the movie, though I will be checking out the movie when it comes out. I don't know if I've read anything that is similar to actually compare it to, unless you DO compare it to the Brothers Grimm story. If you liked the old, then I'm sure you'll love the new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs