Friday, July 9, 2010

Exciting Book News!


It's time to par-tay! Why? The Shadow Girl of Birch Grove by Marta Acosta has been bought by Tor Books! I made a post about Shadow Girl around April, a while after Marta had posted the manuscript as a free read on Scribd - where it became the #1 Young Adult novel on the site. This is a great twist on a popular theme we've seen countless times in YA, and I definitely urge all of you guys to read it. It's definitely going to be a worthy buy once it's published!!

Congratulations, Marta!!

5 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

yay!! it looks fantastic thank for letting us know! xD

Marta said...

Hi, Missy, thanks for the mention and for reviewing the book earlier! For now, it's still a free read at Scribd, if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Alyssa Kirk said...

Old follower swinging by from the hop. I haven't heard of this one but will look forward to reading it. Good job supporting authors!

Shari said...

I have this book but haven't read it yet. I guess I'll have to move it on up on my tbr list. Found you on the hop today and stopped by to say hello. Now following. Shari over at myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Love Marta, this is great news!!!!! Stopped on the PJV hop, following. I had downloaded this to Kindle as apdf but reading pdfs on a Kindle is not fun. So I will surely need to buy it. Please Stop by
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs