Sunday, April 25, 2010

Squee! An Update!

This whole not having a computer for so long has put a fire in my pants. The whole "having a computer but can't do anything with graphics" thing has pained me to no end. As a matter of fact, I was almost in hysterics the other day when I was trying to post my review of Wake. Then, during a bout of insomnia the other night, I figured out a way to help me with some of my computer problems and it was so simple. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox on my husband's computer. It freezes occasionally, but not nearly as much as the Internet Explorer browser did. The best part? I CAN PUT GRAPHICS IN MY POSTS! You know the old saying, "You don't know you have a good thing until it's gone"? I felt that way with IE. I still can't do my overly complicated custom graphics because this computer's RAM won't deal with my Photoshop, but I think I can manage with what I have for now - though I am hoping it is very temporary.

Having said that ...

I have fiddled with my layout. It took a while with some of the coding and the computer's random freezing, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. It's pretty simple (I hate not being able to make graphics!), but it is easy on the eyes as well as navigation.

I've also gone through and revised (or just plain out redone) some of the old posts so some of the coding would work and it'd adhere better to the new layout. If you see some old reviews/posts pop up as new on your dashboard, then I apologize. They are back-dated, but when you start with a brand new post, they tend to still show up.

In short: I'm back in business! Posting will happen more often and there are many, many reviews I need to get up - though I will refrain from posting twenty a day so I don't spoil you. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs