Friday, August 13, 2010

30 Days of Insight: Day 06

It is now Day 06 of 30 Days of Insight, inspired by Lost in YA Wonderland. Today is:

Earliest thing you can remember.


I'm guessing this is referring to the earliest memory that I have. I actually know one when I was two. I know I was two because it was summer and my grandmother was alive - the winter after she passed away. We were camping at one of these camp grounds at Lake Wateree. The first thing I remember is sitting be the shore in front of my grandmother and mother and watching my godfather swim out toward a boat. The next thing I knew, I was a drowned rat from a wave that came from said boat. Later on in the evening, my mom and I were packing up and there was a HUGE snake on the hill we had to go up to actually get to our camper. My mom is deathly scared of snakes, and she actually held me and climbed up a hill that was literally vertical just to avoid the snake. That was always significant in my head because I'm afraid of snakes and I'm sure the fear came from that day because I felt completely helpless ... though afterwards I always knew I could count on my mom to keep me safe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs