Thursday, August 12, 2010

30 Days of Insight: Day 05

It is now Day 05 of 30 Days of Insight, inspired by Lost in YA Wonderland. Today is:

A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.


Dear MattBear,

Words cannot begin to tell you how much you mean to me. Your sheer will when you were alive absolutely amazed me. As active and energetic as you were, you would have never known you had a major heart surgery in your late teens. If it wasn't for your love and acceptance, I don't know if I could have become the strong-willed girl that I turned out to be, unafraid of being myself. If it wasn't for your sneakiness and conniving behind my back, I would have never had the courage to go out with Nick ... and I wouldn't know how wonderful it is to be married to someone who turned into my best friend. And if it wasn't for guidance and own writing, I would have never been inspired to write on my own. Without you, I don't think none of it would have been possible. I've always believed in guardian angels, but I never knew I would have one living and breathing in my life every day - I just wish I would have known that before you passed on. All things happen for a reason. While I'm not entirely sure of the reasoning behind your death, I know for a fact that you were in my life in the short time for a very specific reason ... to help me grow up and become the person that I am today. I love you, and I'll miss you until we meet again some day.

Kisses and such,
Missy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs