Thursday, August 26, 2010

30 Days of Insight: Catch Up!

It is now Day 18 of 30 Days of Insight, inspired by Lost in YA Wonderland. I'm literally a week behind. Besides making a ton of separate posts, I'm just going to play catch-up in one post here.

Day 12
Your favorite musical artist's life story.


I want to say Kurt Cobain. Kurt Cobain was a huge part of my teenage life and he (and his band) alone is the reason why I am so influenced by music now. However, the ending of his story is very tragic.

Gwen Stefani would be next. Talk about inspiring! I like where she came from, how No Doubt was started, her love life (I was also in love with Gavin Rossdale as a teen), her ups and down, her career as a solo artist, and her journey into industries other than music. I'd love to hang out with her!


Day 13
A memory that never fails to make you laugh.


How many of you guys actually remember Kung Pow: Enter The Fist? What about Master Betty? My cousin does the BEST impersonation of Betty that I have ever seen and he used to quote him all the time. Anytime I think of him quoting Betty, I laugh until my sides hurt ... literally.

Day 14
Best mash-up you've ever heard.


By far, the best EVER is Beastie Boys v Daft Punk - it's a mash-up of "Intergalactic" and "Around The World". I love both bands/songs, so it's perfect!



Day 15
A moment, phrase or song that has changed your life the most.


The moment my best friend MattBear died. So many thoughts went through my head, including wondering what ever happened to his story he was working on. My friend was talented in everything he did and he was working on an incredible fantasy story. I got to read the first five chapters he wrote and it's a shame that he won't be able to share it with the world. It's really inspired me to start writing more and just be more motivated in general.


Day 16
Something that you want to do within the next five years.


Two big things: write (and hopefully publish) a novel, and have a baby. I'm going to be 27 in October, so my biological clock is ticking hardcore (I refuse to have a baby past the age of 30). Not only that, it's about time that I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a writer, so I need to get serious with it already ... before it's too late.


Day 17
What you want to be remembered for.


Honestly? If I could just be known as someone who is kind and compassionate, and was a great friend ... then I can die happy. I just want to be that someone that others can depend on for anything.


Day 18
A picture that makes you feel.


This is a little place I like to travel to when I go stay at my in-laws' beach house. I see this picture and I go into a tranquil state because that's just what this place is. A place to go enjoy the ocean and sand, collect shells, watch anemones, mediate, read, whatever you want to do. It's rarely crowded enough to cause a stir!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs