Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event - hosted by the wonderful Sheila - to share what we are reading this week, as well as what we read the previous week. Feel free to share in on the fun, or just click on the link to see what others are reading!

How's my reading going?

Well, I did read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner like I promised myself. Aside from that, Jekel Loves Hyde. That's all, though. My trip to Gastonia to see my parents was full of cleaning, painting, and doggie grooming ... so, no reading was accomplished.

What did I finish last week?

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, by Stephenie Meyer - As a big fan of the Twilight series, I fell in love with this book. Yes, it's short (hence the term "novella") and yes you know the ending if you've read Eclipse, but you should read it for a good look at the newborn and non-vegetarian vampires.

Jekel Loves Hyde, by Beth Fantaskey - Maybe I shouldn't have been in Twilight mode when I read this right after Meyer's novella because there was a few spots where I thought the descriptions of Jill and Tristen could go for Bella and Edward. Getting over that, this didn't disappoint and was definitely as good of a read as I thought it would be after Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side.


What do I plan on reading this week?

Blood Promise, by Richelle Mead - Hi, my name is Missy and I'm addicted to the Vampire Academy series. I'm trying to reign in my addiction by only reading one a week or so, since I'm so close to the last book and I'll have a while before the sixth book comes out.

I'm thinking after Blood Promise, I'll go in my library pile and pull out something. I'll let you know what it is when I grab it and read it.

How is YOUR reading going?

1 comments:

Liz said...

Delving into non-fiction at the moment, with Streetwise Spirituality by Carol Marleigh Kline. think of it as an owner's manual for life, the one every woman wishes she'd been born with. I enjoy the real-life stories the author uses -- because with them, you learn how other people take lives that aren't working out the way they'd hope and dreamed and use their dark emotions as stepping stones toward understanding and change.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs