Sunday, October 2, 2011

In My Mailbox

Hosted By: The Story Siren
Inspired By: Pop Culture Junkie


For Review

Cold Kiss, by Amy Garvey
When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.


Other Books For Review...



Purchases

Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie Perkins
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Other Books Purchased...

10 comments:

Giselle said...

Oh you got Lola!! Yay! I can't wait to read it I loved Anna and I heard this one was just as good. Also, I love your Halloween design!!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

Amber said...

I really loved Cold Kiss and I hope you do too! I got Lola and the Boy Next Door this week as well. Hope you enjoy all your reads!

By the way, I love the Halloween decorations! Very cute!

My Mailbox

Book Crook Liza said...

I've just started Lola! :D Looks like you got some great books this week! I've been wanting to read Cold Kiss! :)

Hope the rest of your weekend is lovely!
My IMM!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Aw, I'd love to read Lola! And the first one seems to be an interesting read as well. Enjoy. :-)

Here's my IMM for this week.

Happy reading a have a nice weekend,
Vicky x

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Lovely IMM! I've heard a lot of good things about Small Town Sinners. Enjoy your books!

DJL said...

So many great books in your mailbox! I'm envious that you got Lola and the Boy Next Door. :) I really enjoyed Intertwined and now I just need to start on Unraveled before I can get to Twisted. Love Gena's books! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

~DJL
My IMM

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

YAY you got Lola! I can't wait to read that one. I'm planning on getting The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Silence next week but maybe if you give Lola a good review i'll grab that as well LOL.

Check out my IMM post at:
http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-1.html

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed Cold Kiss! YAY for LOLA! I am starting it right now.

Paige said...

Awesome books!! I can't wait to read Cold Kiss it sounds so exciting!! Come check out my IMM!!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Mel said...

Love your halloween design!

Cold Kiss sounds heartbreaking - I fancy a a book with a good cry at the moment! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs