Friday, June 10, 2011

Guest Blog: Author Augusta Blythe

Augusta Blythe
Blog | Facebook

Books:

Winterborne [Buy]



Augusta Blythe is the author of Winterborne, a YA urban fantasy novel. She is also a lawyer on two continents and currently lives in England with her husband, two children, a clown fish, a peppermint shrimp, a cleaner shrimp and a mine urchin.


Top 10 Things I've Learned About Teen Romance
by Augusta Blythe


10. When a 25-year-old guy is lusting after a 16-year-old, it’s creepy. If he’s a 100-year-old vampire, bring it.

9. That ginger guy with the blank stare in my gym class may not be the gangly geek I think he is.

8. The more aloof and friendless I am, the more likely I am to attract the hot, mysterious guy from school.

7. If the guys I like have names like Peeta and Gale, I am trapped in a crappy future. Time to get my game face on.

6. If he sparkles in sunlight, do not assume it is an art project gone awry. Run.

5. If I am destined for/matched with/in an arranged marriage to a guy, I will not love him. I will fall in love with the other guy.

4. If I never see my mysterious boyfriend eat yet he sucks down vials of red liquid, don’t despair. He may not be a vampire. He may just be immortal.

3. If the fact that two hot brothers are into me seems too good to be true, it is. They are vampires.

2. When the guy I like has yellow eyes and prefers milkbones to milk, get a clue. He’s a werewolf.

1. Get thee to a love triangle. No adolescence is apparently complete without two males competing for my love. If I can’t rustle up an Edward and Jacob, improvise with my best friend’s pasty grandfather and my neighbor’s dog.



Sixteen-year old Mia Winterborne is destined to be special. Details are sketchy, though, as her dad disappeared with all the answers when she was five. Mia only knows that she'll inherit her kickass superpowers on her seventeenth birthday. Helping Mia prepare for her anticipated ascendancy is Loie Bryce, her best friend and eternal sidekick extraordinaire. The girls' intense friendship has never wavered until now, when Andreas arrives in Salcey Ridge. They both fall hard for the British hottie, who quickly becomes a fixture in their lives. When they discover that Andreas is not who he appears to be, the frightening reality of Mia's powers finally hits home. The nearer Mia's birthday draws, the more the danger escalates and long-buried lies are exposed, putting the girls on a path that they never expected.

2 comments:

Lalaine said...

looks like a very interesting book. thanks

Tammy said...

LOL! Great list! It made my morning.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs