Friday, June 17, 2011

Before & After: Alissa Grosso

Alissa Grosso’s first novel, Popular, will be published in May 2011 by Flux. At various points in her working life she has been a tavern wench, a term paper writer, a newspaper editor and a children’s librarian. She owns very few garments that aren’t covered with cat or dog hair. She lives in New Jersey.


I feel incredibly behind on just about everything. There are emails I need to read, emails I need to answer and thank you cards I need to write. In fact, even as I am writing this, I feel a little bit guilty about all the other things I should be doing. I have to keep reminding myself that it will all get done.

So, you might wonder what I've been doing that has kept me so busy. I had a great launch party hosted by my local independent bookstore, The Clinton Book Shop. It was a perfect day from start to finish, and my parents did a great job of inviting (literally) everyone they knew. I think I had just recovered from the launch and gotten caught up on everything when BEA week arrived.

Since I live in New Jersey and since Book Expo America is such an awesome event, I try to go every year, but this year was extra special for me because I would be fulfilling a goal I set for myself the first time I attended BEA. When I first attended the event as a librarian a few years back, I decided that one day I wanted to attend as an author signing her own book, and guess what? This year that is exactly what I did. I have to say that the experience lived up to all my expectations. It was perfect!



This year's BEA was extra special for another reason. I am a member of the Class of 2K11 and many of our members were in town for the expo as well as a variety of events we had set up in and around the city. It was great to finally meet all these talented authors. We have all served as each other's cheerleaders and built-in support network through this crazy publication journey. I am so grateful to everyone in the Class of 2K11 for being such cool people and good friends. I had a great time with them. Of course, we tried to pack as many events as we could into a very short span of time, and I'm still feeling a bit exhausted.

So. to sum up the way I feel post-launch there is that overwhelming sense of being way behind on just about every single every day task, a feeling of exhaustion from all the recent events and, of course, a tremendous amount of gratitude to everyone who has been there to help me through this journey and to help me spread the word about my book. I feel so lucky to know so many awesome people. In short, it's a busy, crazy time, but I'm enjoying it!

Reviews For Popular
A Good Addiction
My Reading Room


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | IndieBound




Meet the clique that rules Fidelity High: Olivia, Zelda, Nordica, and Shelly, each one handpicked by über-popular Hamilton Best. You know you're "in" when you make the guest list for one of Hamilton's parties. And in the thralls of senior year, everyone wants to get noticed by Hamilton.

But Hamilton's elite entourage is coming apart at the seams. Olivia fantasizes about finally having a boyfriend, Zelda dreams of ditching high school, Nordica wants to be alone with her photography, and Shelly's plotting to dethrone Hamilton. Lies and secrets are ripping away the careful ties that have kept them together for years. But Hamilton has the biggest secret of all, one that only her boyfriend Alex knows. If the truth got out, it would shock everyone and destroy Hamilton's fragile world—and she'll do anything to protect her secret and keep her clique together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs