Monday, May 23, 2011

Ladystar: The Dreamspeaker Review

LadyStar: The Dreamspeaker
W. Scott

Publisher: Palace In The Sky Publishing
Release Date:
February 10, 2011
Series:
LadyStar Ajan Warriors
Genre:
YA, Fantasy
Pages:
Kindle
Source:
Publisher
Rating:
5/5 (Avg 4/5)
Prepare to do battle with the Greatest Fighting Team of Teenage Girls ever assembled!

Jessica Hoshi is just like any other girl. She loves music, playing in the marching band at school and spending time with her friends. One day, Jessica and her friends visit the Lakeshore Historical Society to take the Tall Ship Tour.

After they get separated from the tour group, Jessica discovers a gem-encrusted Lantern and a magically locked jewelry box below decks in the ship’s hold. A voice from inside the Lantern tells Jessica they are all in great danger. The jewelry box contains priceless stolen artifacts sought by ruthless and evil sorcerers known as Cryptics.

Minutes later, the vessel’s lights flicker to life and the sails fill with an invisible wind. The great ship sails across the lake carrying Jessica and all of her friends through an astral portal to an enchanted land called Aventar.

There, they meet the shadowy arcanist Reina, who tells them they must train at once to become Ajan Warriors. Unless they succeed, the treasures will be lost, and the last hopes of a betrayed people will fade forever.

These are the Adventures of Jessica Hoshi! Her Magical and Mysterious quest to discover the ancient and magnificent legend of the LadyStar begins as she encounters the powerful message of The Dreamspeaker!

Fantasy has always been a hit-or-miss type deal for me. Either I loved the story or I hated it. Really, I’ve never found a middle. I still haven’t found a middle. Why? LadyStar has quickly topped the charts in my “loved it” category.

Chock full of adventure, vivid imagery and fantastic characters, LadyStar: The Dreamspeaker is the type of fantasy book that you just can’t put down once you start reading it. I was hypnotized by the spell that the storyline weaved and stayed securely in its web of magic until I was done, only to sit there for several moments after to bask in the story I had just finished. I may have even drooled a little.

This book did something for me that hasn’t been done in quite some time: it made me feel like a kid again. Not in the way that the story was easy to read with small vocabulary. No, that’s not the case at all. What I mean is that this story literally had me daydreaming, sucked into a world that I could only wish was real. I felt like I was part of the book, part of every single thing that happened… which meant that my heart and emotions were right there with me, being dragged up and down through a maze of emotions that gave a euphoric and almost nostalgic thrill ride that I haven’t been on in some time.

And I wouldn’t be doing this book (or the others) justice if I didn’t mention the website as well. There are many things you can discover just by reading the site, which is full of excerpts, comics and pretty much everything else that will make you nerd out. For a lack of better terms: it’s pretty fabulous.

This book would pretty much be a perfect five for me as far as fantasy goes. Not only is it a great read but it, along with the website, leaves you longing for even more. I cannot wait for more!


** Purchase LadyStar on Amazon here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs