Friday, October 1, 2010

Hop & Follow Fridays!


This is a weekly event hosted by Jen at Crazy For Books. It's a chance to discover new blogs and to garner new readers for your blog as well.


Justify Full
This Week's Question ...
"How do you spread the word about your blog? (e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)"
I'll be honest and say I didn't know much about social networking for blog promotion when I first began. When I saw other book blogs, my first thought was just, "Hey, this is cool ... I can start a blog to review the books I've read!" I never thought about followers or promotion at all. Then, I got a few followers (somehow) and that's what got me started thinking about following others and getting more followers as well. So, I can't say for absolute certain, but I'm almost positive the first thing I did was introduce myself on the Book Blogs Ning. After that, it wasn't so much about promotion, but I started commenting on other book blogs that I followed and some were nice enough to check out my blog and follow me back. After, there was the blog hops like Jen's and Parajunkee's. I think that's pretty much all I do. =)

What about you? How do you spread the word about your blog??

To join Parajunkee's new feature and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list.
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers.
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can.
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers.
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!

This week's question is ...

What books have bitten you???
I know some people may laugh, but the Twilight Saga (Stephenie Meyer) definitely has its teeth in me ... and my husband! We've both read the series three times each, and each time was enjoyable. I also love the Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead) series. Fallen (Lauren Kate) is another big one, as well as the Evernight series (Claudia Gray). Oh, and Shade (Jeri Smith-Ready)! Love, love that book!! Just recently, I read Arson (Estevan Vega) and I can say it has a hold on me. 

There are probably a lot more that I should remember, but those are the main ones.


16 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Me & The Family



Top Left
Husband (Nick) and Me

Top Right
Dilla (top) and Optimus Prime (bottom)

Bottom Left
Stormy

Bottom Right
Mimi (left) and Taz (right)

Facebook Feed

Twitter Feed

READ THIS FIRST!
5/26/2013: If you're here and you're reading this.. thanks for sticking around! I know I've been gone for a while but I am definitely coming back. This blog will be going through some crazy transitions (layout and such) for the next few days, but I should be back up and ready to review VERY soon. Thanks so much for your patience and support!! xoxo, Missy
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs