Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eternity Review



Eternity (Fallen Angel #2)
Heather Terrell

Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date:
June 28, 2011
Genre:
YA, Paranormal
Pages:
Paperback, 304 pages
Source:
Author
Rating:
4/5 (Avg 4/5)
The end . . . or a new beginning?

As Ellie comes to grips with her destiny as the Elect One, her relationship with Michael grows tense. When she meets a mys­terious boy named Rafe, things get even more complicated.

Yet the time has come for the Elect One to stand against the group of evil fallen angels who are bent on destroying the world. In order to face the immeasurable malevolence heading her way, Ellie tries to put her personal life aside. But she soon learns that whoever holds her heart also holds the key to mankind’s salvation—or destruction. As the end days approach, Ellie is faced with an epic decision. Who does her heart really belong to? And is her love strong enough to save the world?


I have to admit right off that I had not read the first book in the series, Fallen Angel, until I had to read this one. I just felt as though I needed to read it to give this book a fair shot.

This book was a little clearer to me on facts than the first was, even answering some of the lingering questions that I had from Fallen Angel. The mix of true mythology and mythology made for this book blended together well, never seeming scattered or unreal at all. In all honesty, this is probably one of the best series involving angels that I have read in a while.

The characters were all written great. Ellie was a great female lead both brave and powerful, yet definitely acted like a normal teenage girl at the same time. I think Michael is a good counterpart for Ellie, though sometimes he's a little flaky when he needs to be there for Ellie. Rafe caught my attention in this book, as well as Ruth. It's great to see a best friend in a book that acts like a best friend to the lead instead of getting all jealous or worked up over every single detail.

Sometimes while reading, I felt as though things were made out to be a little more... dramatic than necessary. And I honestly would have loved to see more of the action when it happened, it just always seemed a bit rushed. Overall though, this was a great read and a great follow-up to Fallen Angel - easy to follow and quick in pace. I'll definitely continue to follow this series as it progresses.

1 comments:

The Flashlight Reader said...

I knew the name sounded familiar! I haven't read the first book either, but this one looks good. I love the covers.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs