Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Before & After: Kim Harrington

Kim Harrington lives in Massachusetts with her husband and son. When not writing, she's most likely reading, watching one of her favorite TV shows, or fantasizing about her next vacation. Her debut YA novel, CLARITY, is available now from Scholastic/Point.

Learn more about Kim at kimharringtonbooks.com


It still feels a little bit unreal. On the one hand, I know it's happening because I have a copy of the hardcover right next to me. But, on the other, it still feels strange. Maybe because getting published was a lifelong dream of mine. I tried for many years before I finally sold Clarity in 2009. (Even after you sell you still have a long time to wait to see your dream become actuality!) Now that it's almost finally here, I almost can't believe it. I'm very excited, but--to be honest--nervous as well.



Clarity has been out for a while now and it has been an amazing ride. The first time I saw it on the shelf in a bookstore...well...I cried. It was as if I couldn't believe it until I finally saw it for myself. And then my launch party was a few days after that and it was so much fun! I am so thankful for all the family, friends, bloggers, and readers who came out to celebrate with me. The best feeling of the last two weeks, though, is getting emails from absolute strangers telling me how much they love the book. I still worry constantly, about sales and stuff like that, but emails from readers always makes my day!



Reviews for Clarity
A Good Addiction
Book Noise
My Overstuffed Bookshelf


Find Kim Harrington
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

6 comments:

Savannah said...

I just got Clarity yesterday! Super excited to read!

Smash Attack Ash said...

Great book, indeed!

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Awwww! This was such a sweet post. :) Thanks for sharing! :D

Giada M. said...

Clarity sounds really good. I can't wait to read it!

Jennifer said...

That Before and After made me teary!

I read this book a few weeks ago and reading this makes it that much more interesting!

I love this cover!

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

congrats to Kim on her debut YA novel! it's on my wishlist! hope to read this soon. sounds great!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs