Tuesday, September 7, 2010

30 Days of Insight: The End

It is now past Day 30 of 30 Days of Insight, inspired by Lost in YA Wonderland. With one last big post, I'll post the remaining days left that I have neglected. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I thought this would be better than doing all of them in individual catch-up posts.

Day 19
A passage from a book that has touched you.


I think I find ways for a lot of passages to be meaningful. I can't quite recall them. I can say a book that has touched me is A Walk To Remember, by Nicholas Sparks.

Day 20
A band that you immediately liked and the song that made you like them.


Oooh, Deadstar Assembly had me at their cover of "Send Me An Angel", originally by Real Life. Then, the rest of their music kept me hooked. I love their sound! (Missy TidBit: I secretly have a small inkling of a crush on the bassist, The Dro.)



Day 21
Your favorite medium of art.




I lurrve (which is love to the umpteenth power) working in oil pastels! Their mixing capabilities compliment your every desire for shading and blending. They can also be blended as smoothly as you'd like, or stay as roughly textured as you wish.

Day 22
Someone you would give your life up for without question.


My husband, Nick. My parents. My godfather, who is like my second dad. I love them all so much that, if it ever came down to it, there'd be no doubt in my mind that I'd give my life up for them.

Day 23
Most awkward first impression you feel you've ever given.


The time my friend introduced me to her new friend and her husband, who happened to be my very first boyfriend who I was kind of serious about. It was pretty awkward.

Day 24
Something you did as a child that other people remember you for.


On one of my family trips to Montana to visit my uncle, I fell into the pool reservoir beside of the dam - which was nothing more than stale pond scum. The sides were cement and covered in slime, so I couldn't get out so my cousin had to go get help. She ran back to the house telling everyone I had falling into the dam, so everyone thought they were going to rescue a body. All I remember about it was being covered in leeches. Ugh.

Day 25
Something you would do if no one stopped you or if you knew you wouldn’t fail.


Write books. Lots of them.

Day 26
Your definition of love.


Just love, or true love? Love is complicated, yet the simplest thing to fall into. You can love many people. Love can manifest from a lot of things, from a common interest to just an instinct. True Love is that love that sets itself apart from regular love. True Love is that love that you feel for one special person. They're your other half. You're so similar, yet so different at the same time. You challenge one another. This love doesn't come easy, but once it's there - it's the easiest thing to stay in.

Day 27
Your definition of the meaning of life.


Experience. Life is your chance to fulfill all of your dreams, or at least attempt to.

Day 28
A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were. What is your definition of happiness?


I think when I felt overwhelmed when I was laid off and unemployed. I was so down on myself, I felt like a huge disappointment. Then, I took out a peace of paper and wrote down all that I have been blessed with in my life. Once I realized just how fortunate I was, I had this huge wave of contentment to wash over me. Knowing what I have and what all I can do with that made me the happiest I've been in quite some time.

Day 29
What you live for.


Life. I live for the things I can experience with my time here on earth. Love. I live for the ones that I love and the ones that love me back.

Day 30
Ways you believe you have grown over the past thirty days.


Even though I haven't posted this religiously every day, it has actually helped me to become more disciplined with my posting. I've also gotten in touch with parts of me I may have forgotten that have been screaming for attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs