Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays!


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.

· Grab your current read.
· Open to a random page.
· Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
· BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
· Share the author and title, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Poison Study, by Maria V. Snyder
p. 99

"Have you found a fugitive for the exercise?" the Commander asked Valek as soon as Valek arrived in his office for lunch.
I was tasting the Commander's food when Valek once again destroyed my tentative sense of well-being. Granted, I had been working as the official food taster for the last ten days, but my stomach had finally stopped its painful contractions whenever I was near the Commander.
"Yes. I know the perfect person for the job." Valek settled in the chair facing the Commander.
"Who?"
"Yelena."
"What!" Having given up all pretense of mind my own business, my exclamation echoed the Commander's.

4 comments:

jlshall said...

What a great teaser! But "food taster" doesn't sound like such a great job - unless you're working for one of those celebrity chefs, of course! Hope you're enjoying this one.

My Teaser: Live to Tell

Alice Audrey said...

How embarrassing. Aren't food tasters supposed to go unnoticed?

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, I want to know what is going to happen. I always figured being a food taster was an unpleasant job, I fancy one would constantly be worried. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-the-kings-mistress.html

Darlyn said...

I've been meaning to read this. I heard so many good reviews on this one. Great teaser!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs