Thursday, February 2, 2012

Falling In Between, by Devon Ashley



Finally! A private conversation. And all I had to do was throw myself off a cliff, drown in a pond in my undies and let him put his hands on my breasts to bring me back to life. Yay me! (yeah, that’s sarcasm)

Yep, that pretty much sums up the most craptastic night of Jenna Baker’s life. She drowns after jumping off a cliff, meets a hotty named Chance in the pearlescent in-between and is brought back to life by her soon-to-be boyfriend Robert.

Just when things start to move forward with Robert, the guy she'd been crushing on for a year now, in walks the man of her dreams – literally. Chance suddenly appears in her dream every time she closes her eyes. So it's Robert by day and Chance by night. One in the real world and one in the dream world. What could possibly go wrong?

Absolutely nothing – until she comes face to face with the guy she met in the in-between, and realizes her romantic rendezvous with Chance may be more than just her imagination.

*Mature YA. Recommended for older teenagers.

This was a surprisingly great read. Not surprising in that I was surprised the author wrote such a great book (I know better from experience), but surprising in how original and completely captivating the story was.

Jenna is a character that feels very real and one that you can connect to almost instantly. She's not some cookie-cutter damsel-in-distress YA female lead that makes you like a book a little less.. she's actually genuine and acts like a typical teenager - a real teenager. Her relationship with her roommate Sophie was beautiful and it's nice to see a friendship that doesn't sour almost instantly for any reason during a story. I also liked the relationships that Jenna had with Chance and Robert. Although similar in that they both seem to develop a little too quickly, they are almost polar opposites in their pace, though that doesn't seem to make Jenna like one more than the other.

I think the part of this story that had me on the edge through most of the book (besides Jenna's relationships) was the fact that I had no idea if Chance was real or just a dream. I kept thinking if I read faster, I'd know even quicker. It had me biting at my nails because of the suspense!

Falling in Between is an easy to read book that has all the aspects of a heart-warming romance that will make you want to devour it in one reading - including a paranormal aspect that added an unexpected layer of wonder to the story. I enjoy this story immensely and cannot wait for its sequel.

Rating: ★★★★✩
Source: Author



Title:
Falling In Between
Author:
Devon Ashley
Series:
Falling, Book 1
Publisher:
Self-Published
Format:
Kindle Edition
Release Date:
February 14, 2012



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs