Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where You Are, by Tammara Webber

Where You Are
by Tammara Webber

Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: October 21, 2011
Series: Between The Lines, Book 2
Genre: YA, Contemporary Romance
Format: Kindle Edition
Graham Douglas doesn’t do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is.

Emma Pierce is forsaking an up-and-coming Hollywood career to embark on a life she’s only dreamed of—the life of a regular girl. After spending months burying her feelings for the two night-and-day guys who vied for her heart while filming her last movie, a twist of fate puts her in a coffee shop in the middle of Manhattan with the one she still misses.

Brooke Cameron was a fresh-faced Texas girl when she arrived in LA. Now she’s a beach sitcom star turned conceited heiress on the big screen. Having just survived three months on location with her ex—Hollywood’s reigning golden boy—she’s older and wiser and has set her sights on her close friend Graham. The only thing standing in her way is the girl he can’t forget.

Reid Alexander can sum up his life in one word: boring. Between film projects, there’s little going on outside of interviews, photo shoots, and the premiere of the film he finished last fall. The next-to-last thing he expects is to get a second chance with Emma, the girl who rejected him. The last thing he expects is for his still-bitter-ex to be the one to offer it to him on a platter.
I'm going to go ahead and say that this review may be a bit spoiler-ish (hopefully not much) for those who have not read Between The Lines. If you haven't read that book, you may want to hold out for this review.. or just go on ahead to Amazon and spend the $2.99 to catch up. It's worth it, believe me.

To be honest, Where You Are completely blew me away. I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew it was going to be good. What I wasn't expecting was how it was so overwhelmingly different from its predecessor, Between The Lines, yet still managed to make me fall in love with it just as much as the other - but for completely different reasons. Usually, when you have a great book that you absolutely fall in love with, its sequel won't quite live up to the high expectations. At least, that's what I've always thought.. until now.

In Where You Are, we're dealing with the same four main characters that we were introduced to in Between The Lines. However, where BTL was more fast-paced when it came to the relationships because it dealt more with the newness of relationships mixed with partying and the world of movie-making, WYA slams on the brakes and takes us to a new place - one where a relationship is blossoming so everything is slowed down for discovery and all of the fun (and some more serious) things that come along with committing to someone. You'd think that after being on such a high from the pace in the first book, the pace of the second would bring you down and possibly bore you. You know what? Maybe it would... with another book and another author. However, Tammara's writing style — adding to the fact that the story is about the two characters that we fell in love with in the first novel along with an unexpected alliance of chaos — makes it so there is never a dull moment.

You really get a great first-hand look at a relationship that is truly starting from the ground up with Emma and Graham, which was given a great foundation of friendship that was built upon in the first book. You witness a lot of the little moments (long-distance Skype dates, small get-aways during promotion for their film School Pride, etc) which might seem boring to some, but seemed absolutely endearing to me because these are all of the real details that entail dating long-distance and learning about someone you care about.

Of course, relationships aren't always perfect and there are sometimes snags that come along — which, in the case of Emma and Graham's story is Reid and Brooke. Once vicious enemies, Brooke and Reid start a shaky alliance with one another to try to get the happy couple to separate, thinking that if they do then Graham would go to Brooke (who has decided that she's in love with him) and this would give Reid another chance with Emma. When I approached this part of the story, I hesitated. I thought for sure that this was going to go horribly awry and I wasn't going to get the happily-ever-after that I wanted so desperately for these two. However, I was hit with a few curve balls that wasn't expected but wasn't NOT welcomed. Given the circumstances and how everything turned out, I was surprised with how the characters dealt with their conflicts. Reid and Brooke both surprised me in both pleasant and not-so-pleasant ways.

I know all of this sounds a little vague but I don't want to completely ruin the story for anyone. Like I said from the beginning, this story is much different from the first book but still just as good. I may actually chance saying that it's better.. even with all of the ups and downs your emotions go through with the characters throughout the story. Everything about this book is fantastic.. then again, I never doubted it because it comes from a fantastic author.

Rating: ★★★★★
Source: Author




Buy The BookAmazon | Barnes & Noble

3 comments:

Giselle said...

Oh this sounds awesome! I haven't read Between The Lines yet but I definitely want to! Awesome review!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Alexa said...

I have read Between the Lines and I can't wait to read this one, I didn't even know it was out yet!! I need to go get it now.

Thanks for the great review, I can't wait to see what happens.

Steffi said...

Great review. Now I wanna read Between the Lines AND then that one too. ;-P

Steffi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs