Sunday, September 25, 2011

In My Mailbox


Hosted By: The Story Siren
Inspired By: Pop Culture Junkie


Author Request:
Ashes (Arson #2), by Estevan Vega
More than three months have passed since Arson and Emery were taken. Taken and then separated.

And experimented on.

Salvation Asylum is more like a prison than a psychiatric facility. Unknowingly, Arson has become a vital instrument in a campaign set to genetically alter mankind. Enraged, confused, trapped, and unable to fully manifest his abilities, he wonders if he will ever see Emery again. His new existence is one crawling with questions. Is Grandma alive? Where does the fire come from? Can he become more than a monster?

In Ashes, book two of the ARSON series, nightmare and reality collide as Arson must embrace what he is and the haunting realization that there may be others out there, others like him.



Author Request:
Double Clutch, by Liz Reinhardt
What happens when you fall for the perfect guy...twice...in one day?

Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she's back in the States, she's determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance.

What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once.

The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus.

But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn't know why he can't get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake's sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be darker and more complex than Brenna is willing to deal with.

Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies...and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.

Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school's rising punk band, keeping up her grades in classes split between academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.

She has to make a choice, but how is she supposed to do that when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the others?

Comments:
We all know from my review of Arson and When Colors Bleed that Estevan's books rock my socks, so it should be no surprise that I was beyond excited when I got an e-mail from him about Ashes. I'm desperately flying through several books right now in an attempt to get to this one ASAP. ;)

Double Clutch looks like something that is just too good to pass up, so I did what any sane book reviewer would do... uhh, I didn't pass it up. I'm currently working through it and, although I can't say much until I finish, I can say that I am very impressed with it so far!

6 comments:

Paige said...

Nice books! I love both the covers! Enjoy both of them and come check out my IMM!!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-5.html

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Looks like an interesting mailbox this week! Enjoy your reading! :)

Yiota said...

Ashes is so creepy :o Hope you manage to read it though!

Splash Of Our Worlds Mailbox

Michelle @ Book Briefs said...

I have never heard of either of those. I will have to check them out.

Old Follower. :)

My IMM- Book Briefs

-Michelle

Liz Reinhardt said...

Ashes looks amazing! Thank you for the kind words about Double Clutch! I look forward to your review!!

Darlene said...

I reviewed Arson as well. The synopsis for Ashes sounds really good! I'm intrigued how the story continues. Looking forward to seeing your review!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs