Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Before & After: Kirsten Hubbard

LinkA travel writer and young adult author, Kirsten Hubbard has hiked ancient ruins in Cambodia, dived with wild dolphins in Belize (one totally looked her in the eye), slept in a Slovenian jail cell, and navigated the Wyoming badlands (without a compass) in search of transcendent backdrops for her novels. She lives in San Diego, California. Learn more about Kirsten at www.kirstenhubbard.com!


I'm more zen than I thought I'd be. The scariest part is the unexpected. And everything’s unexpected! I don’t know how the book will do, when my first not-so-great review will come in. I don’t know how many people will come to the launch party, how many books will sell, if my jackalope dress is as cool as I think it is. But one thing’s for sure: A week will pass no matter what, and on the other side of it, I’ll be an author.




I think the main feeling is humbled. By the countless congrats, blog posts, tweets, facebook messages, emails and well-wishes that started on release day and still haven’t stopped coming in. There’s no real sense of how the book did, and I probably won’t know for weeks or months. But the buzz was everywhere, and it was thrilling. I had no idea I could love this industry more than I already did. Despite my nervousness (extreme nervousness), the launch party was a success, and my jackalope dress was indeed as cool as I thought it was. And now… I’m ready to get writing again :)



Reviews for Like Mandarin
A Good Addition
Good Choice Reading
Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile


Find Lisa & Laura Roecker
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Buy Like Mandarin
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs