Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Before & After: Sara Bennett Wealer

Sara grew up in Manhattan, Kansas ("The Little Apple"), where she sang with the show choir and wrote for her high school newspaper. She majored in voice at the University of Kansas before deciding she had no business trying to make a living as an opera singing. Sara now makes her living as a writer. You can learn more about Sara Wealer at her website: www.sarabennettwealer.com


I feel this odd sense of inevitability - like, for better or worse, the book is going to be out there and there's not a whole lot I can do except talk it up wherever possible, then hope people like it and encourage others to check it out. The idea that strangers will be able to just pick up the book and read it makes me feel oddly exposed. So does knowing that now there will be sales figures and other "data" to help define me as an author. It's all *real* now, and that's a little scary. But it's also amazing to hold your own book in your hands, and it's impossible to describe how great it is to hear from people who've already read and loved it. I don't feel like I need to be a bestseller, I just want RIVAL to find its way to readers who will identify with the story. That's what really matters to me!


Now that RIVAL is out I feel relieved. Also gratified when I get emails and see reviews from readers saying they loved it. Knowing the story is connecting with people reminds me why I wrote it in the first place. I'm taking a few weeks to enjoy the afterglow before jumping into something new and starting this madness all over again!



Reviews of Rival
A Good Addiction
Book Infinity
Books Complete Me


6 comments:

Savannah said...

I love Rival! I liked how unique it was that it involved music.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I'm dying to get my paws on this book! I hear it's powerful, and I'm in the mood for more of that after reading Raw Blue :)

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I loved Rival! It was a refreshing setting with complicated and real characters. Can't wait to see more from this author!

Sakura Sandra said...

Hiya. I am your newest follower for the FF/hop and it would be awesome if you stopped by my blog to follow me and read some reviews if you have some time! Thanks. (^_^)

http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

Oh and I wanted to tell you I absolutely adore your blog color choices and your header! :)

AmburHostyn said...

I really want to read Rival! :D It sounds like an amazing story, so I'm not surprised that Sara has gotten people telling her how much they love it! :D

Aik said...

I can't wait to read Rival! Love the cover!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs