Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday!

I just had the most relaxing weekend that I think I've ever had at my house this weekend! Unfortunately I think it may be the last that I have for a while with some projects coming up in my parents' hometown and a weekend trip up to see one of my nearest and dearest friends.

Accomplishments
BlogFest 2010 was this weekend. I managed to do all of my rounds, finding fabulous new blogs to follow and spectacular giveaways to enter. I regret not signing up to participate, but there's always next time!

While Nick was catching up on his video games, I did a Vampire Diaries marathon in which I re-watched the complete first season and first episode to the new season. I think I actually appreciated the show more this time around than last - if that was even possible.

Aside from BlogFest and visiting some blogs on the Hop I tried to steer clear of all things blog- and book-related. However, my conscience got the best of me and I did manage to finish a book I received from an author for an honest review.

Week-Long Goals
I don't know if you guys have noticed the subtle changes I'm making around on my blog. I've changed my header just a tiny bit (okay, I changed the annoying curly-q font), and I'm customizing some graphics to use on my posts. Nothing big, just trying to make this blog a little more personal.

I have received four books in the mail this past week and I'm hoping to get them read and possibly reviewed. I don't have any review deadlines this time around, so I may continue posting some back-up reviews I've been meaning to get to. I also think I'm going to post most of my reviews Monday through Thursday, with more adult-oriented reviews on the weekend.

Besides the usual house chores I'll be doing this week, Nick has given me one mission: Be sure to pick up Halo Reach for him from the game store as soon as they open. I don't play the Halo games, but I'm thinking about cheating and practicing on this one while he's at work. That way, I can kick his butt when he gets home. =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work all weekend so Mondays don't mean the same thing to me as it does most people. I did have a pretty good weekend though. Got a few review books done this weekend and received some books to giveaway for our Halloween event next month. It's so hard not to keep one for myself :-(


Stephanie G
Paranormal Haven

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs