Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday!

I just had the most relaxing weekend that I think I've ever had at my house this weekend! Unfortunately I think it may be the last that I have for a while with some projects coming up in my parents' hometown and a weekend trip up to see one of my nearest and dearest friends.

Accomplishments
BlogFest 2010 was this weekend. I managed to do all of my rounds, finding fabulous new blogs to follow and spectacular giveaways to enter. I regret not signing up to participate, but there's always next time!

While Nick was catching up on his video games, I did a Vampire Diaries marathon in which I re-watched the complete first season and first episode to the new season. I think I actually appreciated the show more this time around than last - if that was even possible.

Aside from BlogFest and visiting some blogs on the Hop I tried to steer clear of all things blog- and book-related. However, my conscience got the best of me and I did manage to finish a book I received from an author for an honest review.

Week-Long Goals
I don't know if you guys have noticed the subtle changes I'm making around on my blog. I've changed my header just a tiny bit (okay, I changed the annoying curly-q font), and I'm customizing some graphics to use on my posts. Nothing big, just trying to make this blog a little more personal.

I have received four books in the mail this past week and I'm hoping to get them read and possibly reviewed. I don't have any review deadlines this time around, so I may continue posting some back-up reviews I've been meaning to get to. I also think I'm going to post most of my reviews Monday through Thursday, with more adult-oriented reviews on the weekend.

Besides the usual house chores I'll be doing this week, Nick has given me one mission: Be sure to pick up Halo Reach for him from the game store as soon as they open. I don't play the Halo games, but I'm thinking about cheating and practicing on this one while he's at work. That way, I can kick his butt when he gets home. =)

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Me & The Family



Top Left
Husband (Nick) and Me

Top Right
Dilla (top) and Optimus Prime (bottom)

Bottom Left
Stormy

Bottom Right
Mimi (left) and Taz (right)

Facebook Feed

Twitter Feed

READ THIS FIRST!
5/26/2013: If you're here and you're reading this.. thanks for sticking around! I know I've been gone for a while but I am definitely coming back. This blog will be going through some crazy transitions (layout and such) for the next few days, but I should be back up and ready to review VERY soon. Thanks so much for your patience and support!! xoxo, Missy
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs