Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Spotlight!


Saturday Spotlight is a brand new meme started by Lori where each week bloggers will have a chance to showcase something new. It will be the place to gather, talk and shine the “spotlight” on all things book related. Not to mention a place to discover new to us authors, characters, series and places.

Each week, Lori will pick a new theme for us to share our favorite of, and every once in a while she'll make it a “reader's choice” week where you can spotlight whatever you want.

This Week's Spotlight: Favorite MALE Mystery Author

I would first like to give a huge thanks to Lori to was gracious enough to let me know the topic ahead of time so I could type this out and schedule it to post while I'm away. So, thank you Lori!

I have to say that as soon as I read what the topic was going to be ... I almost flipped. I have one who holds a very special place in my heart that I've absolutely loved over the years ... even before I was introduced to Stephen King! My grandmother loved him, my father loved him, and I think I can safely say that he's the reason I have a slightly morbid interest in anything dealing with psychology - fears, phobias, serial killers ... all of it intrigues me!

Curious as to who it is? I'll tell you!

It's Dean Koontz! And I can tell you the first book I ever read by him ... Night Chills. I actually snuck it from my parents' room when they weren't looking. I think I may have been eight, but I could have been younger. All I remember about it was being absolutely gripped by the story and my adrenaline stayed through the roof through most of it. It never scared me, the part that I feared was the "what if" of it. What if that actually happened? Thinking of that kept me up at nights. However, I never had nightmares and I never had to sleep with Mommy and Daddy because of it - it just intrigued me. After I read that, I confessed to my parents what I had done. Mom was horrified and thought I'd be traumatized for life. My Dad looked very proud of me - and, as a Daddy's Girl, that was the best reaction I could ever ask for! Instead of banning me from the books, they allowed me to read more if I promised to drop them if they got too scary. I promised, but I never stopped reading them.

So, there you have it ... my favorite mystery writer. Who's yours?

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Me & The Family



Top Left
Husband (Nick) and Me

Top Right
Dilla (top) and Optimus Prime (bottom)

Bottom Left
Stormy

Bottom Right
Mimi (left) and Taz (right)

Facebook Feed

Twitter Feed

READ THIS FIRST!
5/26/2013: If you're here and you're reading this.. thanks for sticking around! I know I've been gone for a while but I am definitely coming back. This blog will be going through some crazy transitions (layout and such) for the next few days, but I should be back up and ready to review VERY soon. Thanks so much for your patience and support!! xoxo, Missy
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs