Thursday, June 23, 2011

Aurora Undefined Review


Aurora Undefined
Kate Hinderer

Publisher: Kindle
Release Date: March 10, 2011
Source: Author
Rating: 4/5 (Avg 3.5/5)
Aurora is entering her senior year and everything around her seems to be falling apart. Her best friend has joined the cool crowd and she struggles to grapple with the loss. But when tragedy strikes, Aurora realizes what loss is really all about and how moving on becomes a fight of the will, mind and heart.

This is one of those beautiful reads that everyone needs to get a hold of in their reading careers. The story is beautifully simplistic yet monumentally provoking when it comes to your emotions.

I love Aurora. At first, I was a little hesitant because she did seem immature and selfish, but she grew throughout the story and ended up growing on me as well. Her realizations through the novel that she's not defined by others is something that a lot of teens need to know and realize - it's a strong message for everyone, and not just teens. It's even better because she does have a friend to help her realize this and he's there for her every step of the way - Hudson. Ahh, Hudson... he's basically amazing. I found myself looking forward to his parts in the book more than anything because he really made the book for me. I think the best part was when he lost it on Aurora. It was something she needed and I am so glad that he's the one that did it because I don't think, in the end, she would have caught on if those things were said by anyone else.

The emotions and reactions in this book ring true to real life, making this a read that anyone can relate to. The writing was great, the storyline even greater and the book really is tops for me. Though it's a little slow to begin with, the story soon picks up and has you hooked until the very end. This is definitely a recommended YA read for 2011 for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs