Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Blood Magic
by Tessa Gratton

Publisher: Random House
Series: The Blood Journals
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Pages: Hardcover, 416
This page-turning debut novel will entice fans who like their paranormal romances dark and disturbing. It's a natural next-read for fans of Stephanie Meyer, Carrie Jones, and Becca Fitzpatrick. But instead of mythical creatures, blood magic has everything to do with primal human desires like power, wealth, and immortality. Everywhere Silla Kennicott turns she sees blood. She can't stop thinking about her parents alleged murder-suicide. She is consumed by a book filled with spells that arrives mysteriously in the mail. The spells share one common ingredient: blood, and Silla is more than willing to cast a few. What's a little spilled blood if she can uncover the truth? And then there's Nick—the new guy at school who makes her pulse race. He has a few secrets of his own and is all too familiar with the lure of blood magic. Drawn together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick must find out who else in their small Missouri town knows their secret and will do anything to take the book and magic from Silla.

On this blog, it should always go without saying that if paranormal is involved... I'll be all over it! Then, there's a stunning cover that's to die for and an intriguing synopsis that has you fiddling in your seat, desperately waiting for the release date. And I'd be lying to you if I said my interest wasn't piqued because the guy's name was Nick. Nicks are almost always swoon-worthy. I should know, I married the most swoon-worthiest of them all! ;)

[ Waiting Until.. ]
May 24, 2011

6 comments:

Savannah said...

YES! OMG I totally want this book as well. I love the cover. Nice pick :)

Misha said...

The synopsis sounds fantastic! Thanks for featuring the book!

BLHmistress said...

OH this one is on my list , I can't wait for it either.

My WOW

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I'm with you. I want too! :)

Midnight Bloom said...

I really do like the sound of Blood Magic and the cover is so eye-catching with the blood red against the dark background! :)

Tara said...

YES I have seen this book popping up in the blogosphere and I definitely want to read it. That cover is awesome with the black and white and then the red. Great pick!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Website Hit Counter
[Visitors since 4/9/2011]

Blog Design by Missy using images from the Bedtime Stories kit by Kotozebra Designs